Saturday, June 18, 2011

First timer here....

So it seems that this blogging thing is all the rage...I thought I would give it a shot! If you are reading this, there is no point in going through and introducing myself...I mean come on, you know who I am.

I am not really sure where to start with this other than the obvious title. Nate and I have been married for three years on July 19 and we are expecting our first child (a girl) in October! We are both very excited....and scared, nervous, anxious and any other word you can think of to describe the event. Since I have been out for summer vacation, I think a bit of my nesting has set in. I have become paranoid about getting everything done that we need to have done in time for Mollie's arrival in October (or sooner if she so chooses). I think that I am beginning to wear Nate out with my "obsessing" over getting things done. There is only so much we can do without furniture for the room.

Don't even get me started on registering! It was fun to think about...until we got to the store. There are so many things!!! It is difficult for a first time mom and dad to gauge what you NEED and what you can live with out. Nate went a little gun happy I think (I made a few adjustments to the registry on line when we got home...tee hee). But there are just so many things in the store. And then you have to worry about things like, "Should we even register for this? It's so expensive, who would buy it for us?". We asked ourselves these questions many times. I mean, they are things that we need....but will the cost hinder people from getting it for us? I kept them on the registry and if we don't get them, we will purchase them ourselves.

I am told that all of this is normal. But I am beginning to feel a tad overwhelmed with everything....between registering (oh my goodness!!!) and getting her room ready!

SO....back to my whole point of starting this blog. I am hoping to share with everyone my trials and tribulations of what's left of my pregnancy (4 months...give or take) and what life is like with a newborn....hence the name "and baby makes three".

Thanks for hanging in there for my first blog!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've decided to blog! It really is so worth it! I LOVE to go back and look at old blogs I've done, it's kind of a journal and brings back great - and sometimes - not so great memories, but its real and it's great to look back and see how far you (and the family) have come!

    Try not to get overwhelmed at the thought of being a new mommy! Remember people all over the world, and since the beginning of time, have done this with a WHOLE LOT LESS,usually in much less desirable conditions and with no special classes! If they can do it, then you certainly can do it!!

    ReplyDelete