Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I don't want you doing that....

I have been hearing that phrase a lot these days. I understand that there are things that pregnant women shouldn't do but I am definitely getting tired of hearing that....I guess I should just sit back and relax as this is the only time that I will be able to do so but I am finding it difficult not to want to start on projects for Mollie's room while being at home all day! For example, yesterday Nate and I went to get paint for Mollie's room. While the paint was being mixed, I mentioned something about painting the room and was promptly told that I would not be helping to do that. I mean, we don't have tall ceilings and the paint is water based (which I am allowed to be around). I understand he is being the concerned daddy to be and wanting to be protective of me (and Mollie) but I want to help. Right there in the middle of Home Depot I choked back some little tears. Not because I was upset with Nate but because of hormones (of course) and the fact I just want to help. Oh well, I guess I will just stick to making little things for her room.... =)

On another note, today was my 24 week check up. I arrived early (despite the weather and traffic from earlier in the morning). I was promptly seen for my regular BP and weight check (both of which were great!). On to my least favorite of the routines, peeing in the cup. Then I was put in an exam room where I waited for 30 plus minutes. I am not sure of the circumstances...nor do I care. I used that time to lay down and close my eyes to catch a nap. LOL! Today's appointment was just a tummy check. Mollie's heartbeat is good and she said that I am measuring right where I should be for being due October 9th. My favorite part of the check-up every time I go is getting to hear her heartbeat. It is the most amazing sound and can make my whole entire day!

That's all I've got for today....lots of napping took place today =) Apparently Mollie and I were tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment